Thursday 1 December 2011

Ejaz Ch rebuts report by Sikandar Shaheen in 'The Nation' on 22nd Nov

Ejaz Ch rebuts report by Sikandar Shaheen in 'The Nation' on 22nd Nov

This is a response to the article that appeared on 22nd November 2011 in 'The Nation' by Mr. Sikander Shaheen.

The article had wrongly accused me of firstly being a defaulter of the Bank of Punjab (BoP) and secondly of fraudulently trying to get property auctioned. Both claims do not hold any credence. Firstly, I am not a bank loan defaulter and secondly I am not trying to get anybody's property dishonestly auctioned. The people identified in the article owe me money after the sale of pesticides (during 2003-2005) from my company. They purchased these products on credit against the guarantee of their own properties. As they didn't return the money they owed me, so I had every right to pursue them in the court of law. Hence, I filed a petition in the lower court for the rendition of accounts so that I can recover my dues and pay the bank from the auction of their pledged property in the banking court. The lower court did not allow the same so I moved against the decision of the lower court and the decree by lower court was suspended by the double bench of the Lahore High Court. A stay was also granted against the auction of my properties as I was not the defaulter.

I would like this to be highlighted that this is not an issue of corruption but a matter of business between two independent people. I also have my own personal property pledged with the same bank. These people owe me money and I don't owe them any penny and I went to court, not them. I fail to understand that how this is foul play. I cannot force them to pay and if they dont I have no choice but to go to the court of law so that their pledged properties are auctioned and payment made to the bank. They are defaulters not Ejaz Chaudhry.


Ejaz Ahmad Chaudhary
Central Vice President

No comments:

Post a Comment